** Biosemiotics 3 - Copenhagen 10-14 July 2003 - **
"Evolution of meaningful information generation through
the evolution of life"
Christophe Menant - Bordeaux - France - (crmenant@ free.fr) (Home
1) Information and Meaning. Meaning Generator System
- Meaningful Information generated by a system submitted to a constraint.
Fig 1. Generation of Meaningful Information
http://www.biosemiotics-semiotics.fr.st/ and http://crmenant.free.fr/ResUK/index.HTM
- MGS based on meaning generation in elementary life (Constraint: Stay Alive).
- Animal level: "Stay Alive" including group life constraints.
- Human level: new constraints, some not explainable.
2) MGS evolution: Basic Life, Pre-Human Primate, Human
- Evolutionary approach by considering case of pre-human primate.
Fig 2. Evolution of MGS and evolution of constraints
3) Anxiety Limitation as new constraint in Pre-Human
- Self-Representation of Subject (Self-Awareness, Mirror Neurons).
- Possibility for superposition of Self-Representation to Representation
=> Possibility for identification of Subject to Conspecifics.
- Representation of Conspecifics with exposed "Stay Alive"
=> Self-Representation of Subject with exposed "Stay Alive" Constraint
- Basic Life stress amplified/transformed by self representation
comes in addition.
- Anxiety Limtation as new constraint .
Fig 3. Anxiety limitation as new constraint for pre-Human primate
4) Conclusion and continuation
- We have shown that group life with Self-Representation and Conspecific
naturaly introduce anxiety for a subject.
- Anxiety Limitation is a new constraint for the MGS at level of pre-Human
- MGS approach (with "Stay Alive" and "Limit
Anxiety" as constraints) to be used for
better understanding of:
- Imitation and empathy within primates/Humans.
- Philogenesis of emotions
- Meaningful information for Human
- Philogenesis of meaning