%A Maitryaee Bhattacharyaya %A Joydeb Roychowdhury %J Online Journal of Health and Allied Sciences %T Study of Pregnancy Outcome in E-Beta Thalassaemia Mothers %X Forty eight E-Beta thalassaemia patients were studied in NRS Medical College, Kolkata, West Bengal during the period from 2000-2006. In all patients Hb% ranged from 5.2g% - 9.6g%. It was more than 8g% in 17 (35.4%), 6-8g% in 22 (45.8%) and less than 6g% in 9(18.7% ) patients. 72.9% patients required regular blood transfusion while the rest (27.1%) received blood transfusion occasionally.81.25% pregnancy were carried up to term whereas 18.75% pregnancy ended in preterm delivery. Vaginal delivery was possible in 85.5% patients.14.5% patients had caesarean delivery due to underlying obstetric problem. Amongst the babies born, 22 (45.8%) were intrauterine growth retarded (IUGR) babies,8.3% pregnancies ended in stillbirth. There were 4 (8.3%) maternal deaths in this study. %N 4 %K E-Beta thalassaemia, High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), Intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR) %E Dr. Srinivas Kakkilaya %V 7 %D 2009 %I Dr. B.S. Kakkilaya %L cogprints6388