Why Is Thought Conscious?

From: Ali (awk198@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 18 1999 - 16:04:30 GMT

Hi, I enjoyed your guest lecture especially the problem of thinking as
a distinguishing feature of classification.

I do think of the body as a machine. I am studying physiology with
psychology so this is probably due to my biological orientation.

My opinion of thinking is that it is the phenomenon of our conscious
awareness of the translation of our brain activity into an action or
response. I think all behaviours can be explained by primitive,
necessary motivation even though the relationship in ourselves seems
distant.

I find it difficult to look at things from a wider perspective
and at the moment this thought has come to a standstill, I would
appreciate an input to give it direction.

Alison King
awk198@soton.ac.uk