Colour perception

From: elizabeth lee (eal195@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 24 1997 - 09:32:29 GMT

Dear Stevan,

I am working on an assignment for the perception course and
wish to look at the above, particularly cerebral
achromatopsia. I am basing the essay on a case in one of
Oliver Sacks' books. The problem is, I'm having difficulty
understanding the concept of colour perception, as with all
these things, I feel I've almost got it but it doesn't ever
seem to slot into place. I've got the basic texts,
(Perception, Visual Perception etc.) but still don't
understand the difference between perceiving colour (is
there any such thing?) and perceiving wavelengths. Can you
point me in the direction of a text which might help?

Yours
Liz