Re: BioMed Central and new publishing models

From: Harry Whitaker <hwhitake_at_NMU.EDU>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 13:23:47 -0500

At 04:42 PM 1/24/00 -0000, you wrote:
>[from John Peel]
>How will we cover our costs? Honestly, we're not entirely sure yet.
>... and experience would
>suggest that having a business plan at this stage is just a waste of time.

After excerpting the above from John Peel's last message I find myself
nearly at a loss for words. Here in the north country, I'd compare this
to a fellow showing up on my doorstep in January with a broom, offering
to clear the driveway of snow. We get 22-28 feet of snow a winter.

bonne chance!

Harry Whitaker
Northern Michigan University