Re: Incentives

From: Peter Singer <peter.singer_at_UTORONTO.CA>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:21:31 -0400

article on freedom of information and incentives. I argue that the
literature will only be truly free when incentives in science are designed
to reward rather than penalize open access publication. This is not
intended as a side-track in relation to more concrete and immediate
proposals such as Stevan's, but rather a deeper reflection on where we may
ultimately be headed. See http://www.biomedcentral.com/info/singer-ed.asp
I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks, Peter Singer