Re: Recent Comments by Albert Henderson

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_coglit.ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 16:35:42 +0000

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Albert Henderson wrote:

> Universities across the country
> have undermined their faculty and researchers by
> ... cutting library spending
> while adding to profits and administrative growth...
>
> ... Stevan will probably censor
> my posting, as he often does with the claim that
> it is irrelevant...

I let it go through this time, but let that be the end of it.

We all know Al thinks there would be no research impact/access problem
at all if universities would onlt stop hoarding their limitless resources
and instead spending them instead on S/L/P, where they belong...

It is not that this sinister hypothesis is "irrelevant," but that it is
false, and does not become less so by dint of endless repetition.

Besides, all Greg had asked for was an eprint of Al's paper, a request
far closer to the heart of the matter under discussion here than Al's
conspiracy theory.

Stevan Harnad