Re: Author Self-Archiving versus Author/Institution Self-Archiving

From: David Goodman <dgoodman_at_PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 17:39:09 -0400

I am glad to see that the discussion has moved back into the merits of
different specific plans. If I had to guess, I would say that several of
the proposals
are likely to remain in simultaneous use indefinitely, rather than one
of
them being adopted universally. I do not think theoretical discussions
are the way to find out what will work. Practical implementation is.

I hope those working on one plan will continue to contribute their
advice to those working on others, though not to convince them of the
particular merits of their own way. Perhaps we might do even better if
we all worked on the same program, but that doesn't to be the case.
--
David Goodman
Research Librarian and