EPrints Handbook

From: ePrints Support <eprints-support_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:42:39 +0100

Hi, We've been given some funding for a colleague of mine to write
some more (better?!) documentation for eprints.

The provisional plan is to aim this at the project manager and leave
me doing the technical documentation still.

I think there is a real need for a guide to setting up an institutional
archive as there are so many recurring (non technical) issues and problems
which we've encountered - policy, metadata decisions, getting people to fill
the damn data etc.

I think it would be most useful if it has an eprints bias, but deals with
the general process of setting up an archive (eprints or otherwise).

So what I'm asking is for suggestions and comments really. This would
in effect be the "eprints-underground" manual, rather than the current
one which could be considered the "eprints-tech" documentation.

-chris

--
 Christopher Gutteridge                   eprints-support_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk
 ePrints2 Coder, Support and Stuff        +44 23 8059 4833