Re: University policy mandating self-archiving of research output

From: Leslie Carr <lac_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 15:11:38 +0000

For the record, last year we used the eprint archive in our school to
generate the returns for our Annual Research listing. We will be doing
the same again this year PLUS we will be using it to generate the
paperwork for our internal Research Assessment Exercise (a practise run
for the 5-yearly UK national assessment).
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~lac/archpol.html

We have had an official school policy in place for a while (and have
been collecting metadata for a longer period before that) and so our
experience won't be the same as yours, but I would be very glad to
compare notes

---
Les Carr
School of Electronics and Computer Science,
University of Southampton

---
Les Carr