Live online discussion about open access: Chronicle of Higher Education

From: Lila Guterman <lila.guterman_at_chronicle.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:54:42 +0000

Join a live, online discussion with Peter Suber, a professor of
philosophy at Earlham College and author of a blog and a newsletter on
the open-access movement, about whether the push to make journal
subscriptions free will revolutionize scientific publishing and save
universities money, on Thursday, January 29, at 1 p.m., U.S. Eastern time.
http://chronicle.com/colloquylive/2004/01/openaccess/

This live chat accompanies a long article I wrote on the topic, which
appears in the Chronicle of Higher Education this week:

"The Promise and Peril of Open Access"
http://chronicle.com/free/v50/i21/21a01001.htm

Two sidebars accompany the main article:

"2 Routes to Open Access: Archives and Institutional Subscriptions"
http://chronicle.com/free/v50/i21/21a01101.htm

"Publishers Fear Government Intervention"
http://chronicle.com/free/v50/i21/21a01201.htm

I'd welcome feedback as well as questions and comments for the live chat
on Thursday.

Thanks very much,

Lila Guterman
The Chronicle of Higher Education