Re: OAI compliant personal pages

From: Tim Brody <tdb01r_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:29:19 +0000

Jim Till wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Jean-Claude Guédon wrote [in part]:
>
> >[j-cg]> the growing number of open access repositories
> >[j-cg]> including OAI compliant personal pages
>
> I noted with interest Jean-Claude's comment about "OAI
> compliant personal pages". How can such pages be identified
> as "OAI compliant" (and, how can their number be estimated)?

I don't know what J-CG means. Individuals can of course set up an OAI
repository, which is just a collection of metadata records. If it's
OAI-compliant it could be registered with Open Archives Initiative -
Repository Explorer http://oai.dlib.vt.edu/cgi-bin/Explorer/oai2.0/testoai

There isn't a 'discovery' method as such for OAI -- we have searched for GNU
EPrints sites by using a Web search for terms that are common across
installations.
http://archives.eprints.org/eprints.php

Regards,
Tim Brody