Re: Elsevier Gives Authors Green Light for Open Access (author corrections)

From: David Goodman <David.Goodman_at_LIU.EDU>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:09:30 -0400

Dear colleagues,

I would like to ask this list if anyone has any statistical evidence to show that
authors actually do correct thier posted articles to match the published versions.

I am looking for data that they having followed Stevan's good advice to post,
they also follow his good advice to correct.
Please write off-list and I will summarize.

Note that I am not now interested in indiduals reporting that they themselves
do (or don't), or argumentation about why authors should.
We all know why they should, and I think we all hope they do.

In explaining to other authors why they should, it would be useful to have some
actual scientific evidence that this excellent practice is in fact the general custom.

David Goodman
dgoodman_at_liu.edu