Re: Increase the visibility of your university's research!

From: Eamon Fensessy <efennessy_at_ATT.NET>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:08:07 +0000

Dear Sugita: You may be interested in an upcoming Conference sponsored by
the Society of Scholarly Publishing in which a panel discussion on
Institutional Repositories will be held during the conference in
Arlington, VA just outside of Washington, D.C. The dates for the
conference are June 7-9,2006. For more information please use the
following e-mail address: info_at_sspnet.org
      -------------- Original message from SUGITA Shigeki
      <sugita_at_LIB.HOKUDAI.AC.JP>: --------------

> Dear all,
>
> Stevan Harnad wrote in JISC-REPOSITORIES_at_JISCMAIL.AC.UK:
> > I think harvesters need the primary contents of the IRs,
      searchable by
> > content-type, etc., and that is what the OAI
      service-providers provide. To
> > :
>
> In Japan, almost twenty universities have their
      institutional repositories or
> plan to have them.
> Last Friday, some of the IR staffs had a meeting, which was
      titled "How to have
> relationship with the link resolvers" at Hokkaido
      University.

> What we discussed at the meeting is:
>
> To add to OAI service-providers, to gain more visibility,
>
> (the present condition)
> Web of Science Navigation window by link resolvers
> SciFinder
> INSPEC Fulltext at:
> PubMed -> Science Direct
> Biological Abstracts Library Holdings at:
> PsycInfo OPAC
> :
>
> (Our consideration for the future)
> Web of Science Navigation window by link resolvers for SD
> licenced users
> SciFinder
> INSPEC Fulltext at:
> PubMed -> Science Direct
> Biological Abstracts Auhtor version at *** Univ.
> PsycInfo Library Holdings at:
> : OPAC
>
> Web of Science Navigation window by link resolvers for SD
> non-licenced users
> SciFinder
> INSPEC Fulltext at:
> PubMed -> Auhtor version at *** Univ.
> Biological Abstracts Library Holdings at:
> PsycInfo OPAC
> :
>
> Please let us know if anybody know any projects or
      references about the concepts
> like above.
> Also, if there are any ideas and advices, we would be
      greatly ap! preciate d!