re One year since conference on "Scientific Publishing in the European Research Area"

From: N. Miradon <nmiradon_at_YAHOO.FR>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:20:12 -0500

Stevan Harnad wrote
>the American Scientist Open Access Forum -- along with a few Euroscience
organizations -- could certainly co-submit it on behalf of the signatories. [1]

Thank you very much. Yes I am indeed willing to receive and compile
the names of signatories to the letter [2]. Please write off list, to
NMiradon arobas yahoo.fr I propose to close my list Tuesday next, 12
february 2008, at midday (CET).

Regarding Prof Harnad's comments on the title of the seminar - I dont think
we should launch an argument with the Commission about their choice of title
for their seminar. 'faut caresser dans le sens du poil.

Barbara Kirsop makes a good survey of other recent support of OA [3]. Her
explanatory text would go very well in the covering letters to the other
organisations she mentions. I think that the letter to the Commission
should be short, and sweet.

N Miradon
[1]
http://listserver.sigmaxi.org/sc/wa.exe?A2=ind08&L=american-scientist-open-access-forum&D=1&O=D&F=l&S=&P=8990