Re: Monty Hall

From: Lowing, Ben (brl196@soton.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 19 1997 - 21:07:28 GMT

> Probability: 2\3 1\3

Yes, but with one door eliminated that means there are only
two (I believe that I can still count) so for me that means
that there is only a 1/2 chance of getting the correct door
because there are only two left.
I don't think with 2 doors that one should have the greater
chance of being correct than the one already chosen because
there are only 2. That means one is right, the other is
wrong, so there is a 1/2 chance of getting it right.
A kid sib explaination of this really strange idea would
make me, at least, moderately happy. Ben lowing