Re: What Makes Psychology Different?

From: DONNA CRUMLEY (DHC195@psy.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 17 1995 - 13:27:18 BST

Hi Psych thinkers, Donna here.

In case of any confusion i'm the one with short brown hair. I received
Stevan's reply-Thanks Stevan.

I was grateful for a summary of our first seminar because so many
issues were discussed that I was starting to become a bit confused.
I was really interested in what you lot had to say and relieved to find
that we all seem to have the same ideas on what psychology actually
is.

I was particularly interested in the thoughts about predictability. I
have always had this idea about people - human beings, being
unpredictable because of their free will, but as Stevan explained, a
person's 'free will' doesn't always explain their
actions/unpredictability. Besides, to a great extent we are predictable
and also things other than humans CAN be and are unpredictable.

I'm afraid i can't work out how to transfer quotes
from Stevan's messege onto this one -i know it's probably
really simple,but i've been trying and can't figure out a way
to do it without retyping Stevan's work.-I'm also afraid of
loosing this messege-ARGHH...

Anyway,i'll have to find someone to help me so that i know for the next
time.

I must go now,as i've another messege to reply to.
See you all soon, Donna.