Re: What Makes Psychology Different?

From: Stevan Harnad (harnad@cogsci.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 17 1995 - 14:09:32 BST

> From: "DONNA CRUMLEY" <DHC195@psy.soton.ac.uk>
> Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 12:27:18 GMT
>
> I was grateful for a summary of our first seminar because so many
> issues were discussed that I was starting to become a bit confused. I
> was really interested in what you lot had to say and relieved to find
> that we all seem to have the same ideas on what psychology actually
> is.
>
> I was particularly interested in the thoughts about predictability. I
> have always had this idea about people - human beings, being
> unpredictable because of their free will, but as Stevan explained, a
> person's 'free will' doesn't always explain their
> actions/unpredictability. Besides, to a great extent we are predictable
> and also things other than humans CAN be and are unpredictable.
>
> I'm afraid i can't work out how to transfer quotes
> from Stevan's messege onto this one

Hi Donna,

Drop by and I'll show you how to quote: The other Psych Thinkers
too, if you don't know how.

I've cleaned up your text a bit too; everyone should use capital
letters to start sentences (as in regular paper text) and don't
use the tab for a new paragraph. Just a blank line to separate
paragraphs (that helps for quote/comment).

Chrs S