Re: Citation and Rejection Statistics for Eprints and Ejournals

From: David Goodman <dgoodman_at_PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:00:27 -0400

There is also a difference bewteen the various fields about how much work
justifies a separate publication. This is sometimes called the LPU, "Least
Publishable Unit." I think the concept arose in respect to the biomedical
sciences, where some consider that it may be quite low.

--
David Goodman
Biology Librarian